I’m super excited to announce the date and venue for my 2018 Writing Retreat.
Applications are now being taken for the Revise To Publish At Russley Masterclass being held at the beautiful Russley Rural Retreat in Segenhoe, NSW, from Friday April 20 to Sunday April 22nd.
Treat yourself to a very special weekend at Russell Rural Retreat near scone, NSW. Spend the weekend with fellow writers learning how to polish and revise your manuscript to make it publication worthy. In this intensive workshopping weekend Pamela will share what she’s learned about getting your novel up to scratch, attracting the attention of agents and publishers and submitting a manuscript you can be truly proud of.
Places are strictly limited (maximum of 9) and open only to those who have completed a full first draft of their manuscript.
The emphasis during the workshop will be on revising your work to give it the best chance of being snapped up by a publisher.
The Masterclass will be a condensed, updated version of the Tell Me A Story retreat Pamela ran in Fiji in 2017.
Here’s everything you need to know:
When: Friday April 20 (4pm Meet and Greet) to Sunday April 22 (4pm finish)
Where: Russley Rural Retreat (242 Segenhoe Road, Segenhoe, New South Wales)
Who: This Masterclass is for authors who have completed at least one draft of their novel and are aiming for publication.
Pamela is a multi published author of commercial fiction, has a Masters in Creative Writing and over twenty years of teaching experience. Her teaching positions include:
- Tutor for Year of The Novel Online, QWC, 2015, 2017
- Turn Up The Tension WorkshopT, NSW Writer’s Centre November 2017
- Tell Me A Story Writing Retreat, Daku Resort, Fifi, 2017.
- Wildwords Writing Workshop for beginning writers – NSW Writer’s Centre, February 2014 and 2015.
- Fiction Writing Secrets – Escape Arts Fest, October 2015
- Writing Workshop for Talented Students – Tempe Highschool, 2014
- Justwrite Workshops (including Write Your Novel this Year) – 2008-2013
- Creative Writing Classes – St George and Sutherland Shire Community College, 2004-2008
Pamela is also co-host of the Writes4Women podcast.
Russley is a charming homestead set in 17 acres of rolling pasture and established gardens. Bordered by the Hunter River and Segenhoe Road amidst renowned thoroughbred horse studs, polo fields, historic pubs, wineries, great restaurants, picturesque walking trails and close to Scone township.
Homestead: has 5 beautifully appointed air-conditioned private rooms of period design with a funky twist leading onto wrap-around verandas and access to the shared lounge with an open fire. Included: Light Breakfast, WIFI, swimming pool, tennis court, river access, horse paddocks. (Both the Maharani -Q and Boho – Q rooms have en-suites). The Bobby Dazzler – Q, The Giddy-Up -Q and Wavy Navy (KS – trundle) Rooms share a bathroom incl. bath.
Cottage: is self contained and separate from the Homestead, enjoying privacy and seclusion with own driveway, bathroom, kitchen, lounge (air-conditioned), TV, river access – sleeps 6.
2pm-3.30pm: Arrive at Russley
4pm-6pm: Meet your tutor, Pamela, and fellow writers. Discuss aims for the weekend and have a general ‘get to know each other’ chat.
6.30pm-9pm: Dinner at Russley (included in tariff)
Saturday 21st April
7.30 – 8.30: Breakfast
9am-11am: Morning session. Creating Extraordinary Characters
11-11.15: Coffee break
11.15-12.45: Late Morning session. Plot and Structure
1.30-3pm: Afternoon Session. Tension On Every Page
3-3.15: Coffee break
3.15- 4pm: Late afternoon Session. Showing And Telling
Dinner at The Linga Longa Historic Hotel (not included in tariff)
Sunday 22nd April
7.30 – 8.30: Breakfast
9am – 11am: Morning Session. Dialogue and Point of View
11 – 11.15: Coffee break
11.15 – 12.45: Late Morning Session. Revision And Editing
12.45 – 1.30: Lunch
1.30 -3pm: Afternoon Session. Preparing For Publishers
3 – 3.15: Coffee Break
3.15 – 4pm: Final Session. Ask Pamela (open question time)
Cost and Inclusions:
- Prices range from $540 ($506 early bird*) for single bed, twin share, shared bathroom to $792 ($756 early bird*) for Luxury Queen bedroom with ensuite. For a full range of prices and accommodation options please email me.
- 2 nights accommodation
- Friday night dinner (at Russley)
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 lunches (Saturday and Sunday)
- Unlimited tea and coffee
- Meet and greet on Friday afternoon (wine, champagne and accompaniments)
- 2 Full days of writing workshop
- Tutor reading of outline/synopsis and first chapter (up to 3000 words) with feedback provided prior to retreat
- Deposit of half the total amount payable on booking.
- Balance of payment due by 1st March.
- Cancellations: due to booking requirements after 1st January no deposits will be able to be refunded.
Only 9 places are available for this jam-packed Masterclass. Book early to secure the room option of your choice and grab the *early bird discount before January 31.
Gift Certificates available if you want to spoil someone special 🙂
A small number of day attendance only places may be available once the weekend package is full.
Email Pamela now to receive an application form and Masterclass Information Pack: email@example.com
Hope to see you there!